Greetings, TCJC Family:
With around-the-clock news coverage of COVID-19 infections, it is understandable that there is a heightened state of concern. Let us focus on prayer instead of panic.
The Ontario Ministry of Health is providing regular updates on their website.
Health officials currently advise that proactive preventative measures present the best line of defense. We can protect ourselves and one another by adhering to the following guidelines:
- You should voluntarily stay home
- if you are sick (even with a cold) and/or running a fever.
- if you are vulnerable and prone to respiratory infections
- if you have been around someone who is ill
- if you, or a family member recently traveled out of province.
2. If you have been exposed to the virus and instructed to self-isolate, please observe the prescribed guidelines: http://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/_media/self-isolation-guidance-english.pdf
3. When greeting each other, avoid physical contact such as handshakes and hugs as much as possible
4. Please remember to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before eating, after using the washroom, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. We will ensure that there is adequate supply of hand soap and paper towels on hand.
5. Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in a wastebasket.
6. Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
We will continue to provide you with timely updates by email as the need arises. If you know of someone who is not receiving this email message, please share this information with them.
God is in control. Continue to pray for the cessation of the disease. Also, let us remember to pray for the victims and their families.
Yours in His service,
Bishop E. St. A. Nunes