Sunday services at 5 Greensboro will begin on Sunday, July 5, 2020. We will be limiting in-person attendance to the services in order to respect social distancing guidelines.
RSVP for Sunday morning service by website : (https://www.tickettailor.com/events/triumphantchurchofjesuschrist). Or you can call the church office at (416) 740-9786 and leave a message in the general delivery mailbox to RSVP by Thursday of that week.
We will continue live streaming and telephone conferencing so we can continue virtual gathering while we gradually get back to physical presence in the sanctuary. Input from TCJC leaders and members after the first week back will be taken into consideration; adjustments will also be made in accordance with the changes in COVID-19 circumstances as well as governmental and health department updates.
Below are the guidelines we will be following for reopening. The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure safety for all. We want to be responsible in caring for ourselves and for each other. These measures come after praying for guidance and direction, reviewing health recommendations and governmental orders, and conversations with leaders from other churches, TCJC leaders and the TCJC Health & Safety Committee.
The teams that will be serving at each service have also been involved in the planning to ensure we provide a safe environment for our entire TCJC family. This is new to all of us; we are doing our best to be mindful of all the factors. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this very unique season.
Guidelines for Re-Opening
- For now, we encourage our seniors and those who have pre-existing health conditions or other concerns to please stay home and continue to participate in the services online. Please make the best decision possible for you and your family.
- All who attend the service will be expected to observe social distancing. Please be courteous and maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from anyone who is not in your family.
- Please do not engage in handshaking, hugging, laying on of hands, elbow bumps or any other unnecessary physical contact. Greet each other with smiles and waves instead.
- When you arrive, please READ the signage and follow the instructions.
- Everyone who enters the building will be subject to a body temperature check by a hand-held device. Individuals whose body temperature registers 37.8°C (100.04°F) or higher will be directed to a health professional for further directions.
- All attendees will be required to check in with the Usher at the door so that we can produce an accurate contact list, if needed.
- Upon entering, attendees will be required to use the hand sanitizer provided before entering the Sanctuary. Wearing a mask will be required. No congregating in the foyer or common areas will be allowed.
- All sanctuary attendants, i.e. Ushers, safety teams and cleaners will wear personal protective equipment while performing their tasks.
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing the building before each service using disinfectant cleaners and Lysol sprays.
- Hand sanitizers and wipes will be available at the Ushers’ Desk and throughout the sanctuary.
- The kitchen, multi-purpose hall and board room will be closed.
Inside the Sanctuary
- Entrance door to the sanctuary will be propped open to minimize shared touching of surfaces.
- All attendees over 5 years old are required to wear a mask upon entering and during the service.
- Please bring your own mask.
- Ministers and singers will only forego wearing a mask while ministering.
- Please enter via the main foyer entry door on the right only.
- Every other row will be closed and clearly marked.
- Families must sit together. If you have small children please ensure that they sit with you.
- A minimum of 6 feet must be left between each family unit.
- Dismissal instructions will be given from the pulpit and the end of service. Everyone is asked to remain seated until dismissed.
- Please follow directions given by the Ushers and make your exit through the designated EXIT doors. Please proceed directly to the parking lot. No congregating in the parking lot.
Nursery & Washrooms
- Wearing of masks will be mandatory in the nursery. Maximum 2 individuals at a time.
- Please sanitize the changing table with the cleaning supplies provided before and after each use.
- Washroom use should be limited. Maximum 2 individuals at a time in each washroom. Please follow the sanitation procedures posted in the washroom.
- Please dispose of masks and gloves in the garbage containers provided.
Yours in His service,
Bishop E. St. A. Nunes